Indulge your taste buds in the irresistible decadence of a Ruffelo Cake. This delectable dessert combines rich chocolate flavors with a delightful crunch of hazelnuts and the creamy goodness of Nutella. Named after the famous Italian confectionery, Ferrero Rocher, this cake is a delightful tribute to the classic treat. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a slice of pure bliss, the Ruffelo Cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests. So let’s dive into this heavenly recipe of Decadent Ruffelo Cake Recipe Nutella Chocolate Delight
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Filling and Topping:
- 1 cup Nutella (or any chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 12 Ruffelo chocolates (Ferrero Rocher)
For the Ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the batter is smooth. The batter will be thin, but that’s normal.
- Gradually add the boiling water to the batter, stirring gently until well combined. The batter will become even thinner, but this will result in a moist cake.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans. Tap the pans gently on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cakes have cooled, place one layer on a serving plate or cake stand. Spread a generous layer of Nutella on top. Sprinkle half of the chopped hazelnuts over the Nutella layer.
- Place the second cake layer on top and gently press down to secure it. Spread another layer of Nutella on top and around the sides of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the remaining chopped hazelnuts. Arrange the Ruffelo chocolates on top of the cake, evenly spaced.
- To make the ganache, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and add the chopped semisweet chocolate. Let it sit for a minute, then whisk until the ganache is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Use a spatula to spread the ganache evenly over the sides of the cake.
- Let the cake stand for about 30 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
Now have a brake and enjoy the Decadent Ruffelo Cake you baked.