Lotus cheesecake is a heavenly dessert that combines the velvety smoothness of cheesecake with the delectable flavor of Lotus Biscoff cookies. If you’re a fan of the caramelized, spiced biscuits that have become a global sensation, you’re in for a treat. This delightful cheesecake showcases the unique taste of Lotus Biscoff in both the crust and the creamy filling. With its irresistible combination of textures and flavors, Lotus cheesecake is sure to captivate your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
Here’s what you’ll need for this scrumptious dessert:
For the crust:
- 2 cups crushed Lotus Biscoff cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Lotus Biscoff spread (smooth or crunchy)
For garnish (optional):
- Whipped cream
- Crushed Lotus Biscoff cookies
Now, let’s dive into the preparation of this delightful Lotus cheesecake:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set it aside for later.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed Lotus Biscoff cookies with the melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are thoroughly coated in the buttery goodness.
- Press the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of the greased springform pan, creating a solid and even crust layer. Use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to help you achieve this.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. You can use an electric mixer on medium speed for optimal results.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Now, it’s time to incorporate the star of the show: the Lotus Biscoff spread. Add 1 cup of the spread to the cream cheese mixture and blend until the batter is velvety and free of any lumps.
- Pour the luscious cheesecake filling over the prepared crust in the springform pan, ensuring that it spreads out evenly.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and let the cheesecake bake for approximately 50-60 minutes. Keep an eye on it, as the exact baking time may vary. The center should be set and the edges slightly golden brown.
- Once the cheesecake is baked to perfection, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Afterward, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To achieve the ideal texture and flavor, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight. This will allow it to firm up and set beautifully.
- Just before serving, you can add an extra touch of decadence by garnishing the cheesecake with whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed Lotus Biscoff cookies.
Slice into the chilled Lotus cheesecake and indulge in its creamy, caramel-infused goodness. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself to a delightful dessert, this Lotus cheesecake is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression. Enjoy!