Indulging in a velvety, rich chocolate pudding is like taking a delicious journey to a world of pure decadence. Whether enjoyed as a comforting dessert on a chilly evening or as a delightful treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, chocolate pudding never fails to bring joy to both kids and adults alike. With its smooth texture and deep cocoa flavor, homemade chocolate pudding surpasses any store-bought version. So, roll up your sleeves, grab your favorite saucepan, and let’s dive into this delectable chocolate pudding recipe that will surely leave you craving for more. Enjoy this Decadent chocolate pudding recipe on any occasion!
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt until well combined. This dry mixture will ensure a smooth and lump-free pudding.
- Gradually pour in the whole milk while whisking constantly to incorporate the dry ingredients. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or heat-resistant spatula. Pay close attention to the bottom and corners of the pan to prevent scorching.
- As the mixture heats up, it will begin to thicken. Keep stirring gently but consistently to prevent clumping and ensure even cooking. This process should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture reaches a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low. Add the finely chopped bittersweet chocolate and continue stirring until it melts completely. The chocolate will add an intense richness to the pudding.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the unsalted butter and vanilla extract. The butter will add a luscious creaminess to the pudding, while the vanilla extract will enhance the overall flavor.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into individual serving bowls or a large serving dish. To prevent a skin from forming, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Allow it to cool at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, refrigerate the pudding for at least 2 hours or until it is completely chilled and set. This will give the pudding a thick and pudding-like consistency.
- Before serving, you can garnish the chocolate pudding with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or fresh berries for an extra touch of elegance and flavor.
Now, take a spoonful of this homemade chocolate pudding and savor its silky-smooth texture and heavenly taste. Enjoy it as a standalone dessert or use it as a delectable filling for pies, tarts, or trifle. No matter how you choose to enjoy it, this chocolate pudding is bound to delight your taste buds and make every moment a truly indulgent experience.