Indulge in the heavenly combination of rich, creamy cheesecake and luscious, ripe strawberries with our irresistible homemade strawberry cheesecake recipe. This delightful dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering, a dinner party, or simply a sweet treat to satisfy your cravings. With a buttery graham cracker crust, a velvety smooth cream cheese filling, and a vibrant strawberry topping, this strawberry cheesecake will captivate your taste buds and leave you longing for more. Follow our step-by-step instructions to create a sensational dessert that will impress your friends and family alike.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared springform pan, creating an even layer. Use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to ensure it is firmly packed. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the granulated sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Stir in the sour cream until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Remove the chilled crust from the refrigerator and pour the cream cheese filling over the crust, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 55-60 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake from the pan. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely at room temperature.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries and strawberry jam. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are soft and the mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan. Pour the strawberry topping over the cheesecake, spreading it evenly.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow it to set completely.
- Before serving, garnish with fresh mint leaves for an extra touch of elegance.
Slice a generous piece of this divine strawberry cheesecake, savor each creamy bite, and enjoy the harmonious blend of flavors that will transport you to dessert paradise. Share the love by treating your loved ones to this irresistible dessert and let them indulge in the ultimate strawberry cheesecake experience.