A classic vanilla cake is a timeless dessert that brings joy to any occasion. With its light and fluffy texture, delicate vanilla flavor, and versatility, it’s a perfect choice for birthdays, weddings, or any gathering. This simple yet delightful recipe will guide you through the steps to create a moist and tender vanilla cake that will surely impress your friends and family. So, let’s get baking!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or line them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer. This process may take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing just until combined after each addition. Be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter equally between the prepared cake pans, smoothing the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, your classic vanilla cakes are ready to be frosted and decorated according to your preference. You can use buttercream frosting, whipped cream, or any other frosting of your choice.
Enjoy your homemade classic vanilla cake!