- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter and dust it with flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!