- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Step 2Combine butter with 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until smooth; stir in 1 cup flour. Press dough into prepared baking pan; pierce crust with fork in several places to prevent crust from puffing up during baking.
- Step 3Bake crust in the preheated oven until slightly golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Step 4Whisk white sugar and eggs in a bowl; stir 3 tablespoons flour into mixture and add lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into baked tart crust.
- Step 5Bake until filling is set, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and dust with 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.