Caramel sauce is such a versatile ingredient, that it can be used in so many inventive ways. Coconut Caramel Sauce is a twist on the standard recipe, where coconut milk gives a unique taste and flavor to the regular caramel sauce. Smooth, silky and rich, I make sure I have a batch of this sauce handy in my refrigerator at all times.
1. Unsalted Butter – 1 cup
2. Brown Sugar – 1 and ½ cup
3. Water – 3 tbsp
4. Salt – ¼ tsp
5. Full Fat Coconut milk – ½ cup
6. Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
1. Add butter, sugar, water and salt in pan.
2. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from heat and add the coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Let the sauce cool for 10-12 minutes.
5. Store in a clean jar and refrigerate for up to a week.
6. You can microwave the caramel before using.
7. If it thicken too much, add some more coconut milk to reach the desired consistency.