Chicken: 700 grams
Onion paste of 4 small onions
Red Chilli powder: 1 tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Three tbsp plain curd (whisked)
Two tbsp cream
½ potato cut in 4 pieces (fried)
Jeera powder: one tsp
Mustard oil: five tbsp
Ginger: 1 inch piece (roughly chopped)
Salt as per taste
1. Smoke the mustard oil in a kadhai and fry the potatoes. Keep them aside.
2. Bhunno the jeera powder along with the onions paste.
3. Then add the chicken pieces & potatoes along with all the other spices and ginger.
4. Bhunno for 7 to 10 minutes.
5. Now add the yoghurt, cover and simmer on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Once the oil comes out, add the cream, mix, cover and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Check for seasoning and serve hot with tawa rotis.
An easy chicken curry, perfect for a lazy Sunday.